The First Edition of the fully electric Mustang Mach-E by Ford Motor Company is officially sold out. Despite not delivering until the end of 2020, the company received 50,000 deposits in the last five weeks of 2019. Other models such as the Premium edition and the GT are still available for pre-order.
Here are some data points from Ford’s reservations bank:
- Carbonized Gray is the most popular choice at 38%; Grabber Blue Metallic is second at 35% and Rapid Red third at 27%
- More than 80% of U.S. customers are reserving the Mach-E with a 98.8 kWh Extended Range Battery that will charge at a rate up to 150 kW and is targeted to deliver a 270 mile range
- About 55% are opting for all-wheel drive featuring peak power of 248 kW/332 HP and peak torque of 417 lb.-ft.
- Almost 30% of U.S. customers are choosing the Mach-E GT, expected to arrive in the spring of 2021 and targeting 0 to 60 in the mid three second range!
- More than a quarter of all reservations are coming from California
For more information about electric vehicles and electric vehicle charging, please contact me. I also invite you to subscribe to receive future posts via email, view my other posts, and follow me on LinkedIn and Twitter.